A City watering hole with a history almost as long as the Cordwainers was taken over last week by the Events Committee and their first ever charity pub quiz. Judging by the noise levels and the amount of free beer consumed (with grateful thanks to Shepherd Neame) it was a cracking evening enjoyed by Cordwainers and guests alike. Competitive spirits ran high and congratulations go to Renter Warden David Walker’s team who took the cup, only one point above the ‘Shaw Soles’ and the Clerk’s ‘Secret Seven’. The full list of results are posted on the QuizQuizQuiz website here.
Finally, grateful thanks to our generous sponsors who provided some excellent raffle prizes, which helped us raise a fabulous £4,190 during the evening, putting the total funds raised this Livery year for the RLSB and other bind charities at over £10K.
THE RAFFLE PRIZES:
• A pair of shoes by Cordwainer Georgina Goodman
• A case of cider from Stonewell Cider from Cordwainer Daniel Emerson
• A bottle of Champagne from Davy’s Wine Merchants
• A copy of Rayne Shoes for the Stars by Michael Pick
• A hamper of products from Maldon Essex (including New Hall Wine, Maldon Salt Company Co, Tiptree Jams, Wilkin & Sons Ltd, The Maldon Brewing Company)
• 2 pairs of tickets for the GoHard Games based in Exeter (includes entry and merchandise)
• A framed black and white/sepia print of London Bridge at rush hour in 1904 (kindly donated by Mrs K Goff)
• A brewery tour for four courtesy of Shepherd Neame Brewery